Published March 18, 2020:
In an effort to promote social distancing and limit face-to-face interactions, we are kindly requesting that clients do not come to our office or enter our suite at this time. We will be conducting all meetings going forward via telephone.
If possible, please scan/email materials to the attorneys/paralegals you are working with. If you are unable to do this, we have placed a box outside of our suite during business hours for clients to drop off materials. Please let us know ahead of time if you plan to drop off materials.
As the state of emergency that we are living under evolves, we will continue to inform you about our operating procedures. Please check our website periodically.
We thank you in advance for your kind assistance in this matter.
Originally published March 13, 2020:
A MESSAGE TO OUR CLIENTS, BUSINESS ASSOCIATES AND FRIENDS
Dear valued clients, business associates and friends,
At Frank, Frank & Scherr, LLC, the health and safety of our clients, friends—and business associates—is our highest priority. Given the growing concerns surrounding the Covid-19 Coronavirus outbreak, we want to share with you the steps we are taking to protect you and our staff against the spread of the virus, as well as everyday illnesses such as the common cold and the flu.
What Are We Doing to Protect You and Our Staff?
- When you visit our office, you will notice that we are maintaining social distancing, which means that we will not be shaking hands, hugging or touching anyone. It pains us to do so, but if someone is infected with a respiratory disease, like Covid-19, and they cough or sneeze they project small droplets containing the virus. If you are too close, you can breathe in the virus.
- Hand sanitizer is available at our front desk and we strongly urge everyone to apply a generous amount of it to both of their hands upon entry to our office. Please rest assured that high-touch areas (door handles, etc.) are being disinfected multiple times a day. In addition, all surfaces that have had contact with anyone will be disinfected after every meeting.
- If you or someone you have been in contact with is experiencing symptoms of coughing, high fever and/or shortness of breath, we ask that you not come to our office. We are happy to reschedule any meetings.
- If you do not feel comfortable visiting our office in person, please consider meeting with us virtually either via conference call or through FaceTime—simply call our office at (410) 337-8900 to let us know that you would like to change your meeting to a virtual one.
- As an additional precaution, we have suspended all out of office meetings—client homes, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, etc. until such a time as the threat of this pandemic has subsided.
- For those of you visiting our office, we ask that you bring your own supplies such as water bottles, tissues, pens, etc. This will greatly reduce the number of items that are being touched by and distributed to multiple people.
What Can You Do to Protect Yourself and Those Around You?
We encourage our clients and business associates to use simple, every day actions that protect us all from respiratory viruses, including:
- Washing your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (a good way to remember how long to wash your hands is by silently singing the “happy birthday song.”) If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying at home if you are feeling sick—especially if you have a fever, are coughing and/or have shortness of breath. If you have those symptoms, please seek medical care early.
- Covering your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze and if using a tissue, immediately dispose of it immediately into a closed bin and clean your hands with alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and water.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces by using disinfectant spray or wipes.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we navigate this challenging time. This is a rapidly evolving situation and we will continue to actively monitor it and take the necessary precautions laid out by the Center for Disease Control. Our firm has always been dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of customer service in every way possible and we believe implementing these precautionary measures is a reflection of our care and dedication to you.
For additional information regarding the Coronavirus, here are resources from the CDC:
CDC – Coronavirus Overview